Nestled on the hillside surrounded swaying palm trees and lush tropical forest The Banyan Tree & Spa Seychelles is located on the south western coast of the Island of Mahe beside the stunning Anse Intendance beach. The transfer time from Mahé International Airport is approx. 30 minutes drive and approx. 45 minutes from Victoria.
The Banyan Tree has 60 beautiful pool villas which combine contemporary Seychellois architecture, embracing the influences of it natural surrounding, with its colonial past and plantation style décor consisting of ethnic woven textiles and use of indigenous materials, its high sloping ceilings, and verandas to catch the summer breezes . The villas have a spacious airy feel and its interiors in true Banyan Tree style combine luxury, simplicity, ethnicity and comfort for a romantic and exotic escape. Privacy, tranquility and seclusion are easily found.
All villas have air conditioning, ceiling fan, bathroom with sunken bath and shower, His and Her vanity counter, master bedroom with dressing area, living/dining area, mini bar, telephone, satellite TV, safe, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, DVD and CD player, private plunge pool, and sun deck.
Hillside Pool Villa - the hotel has 22 Hillside Pool Villas that are 97 sqm. The villas are set in elevated, secluded surrounds tucked away in the hills with wonderful views of the ocean. All have a bedroom with a king-size bed, a small plunge pool (2.6m x 6m), veranda with sun loungers and open-air pavilion.
Pool Villa by the Rocks - the hotel has 4 Pool villas by the Rocks that are 107 sqm. They have all the facilities of the Hillside Pool Villas plus a outdoor jacuzzi and have wonderful views from the terrace overlooking the ocean and the granite boulders.
Beachfront Spa Pool Villa - the hotel has 22 Beachfront Spa Pool Villas, that are 251 sqm. The villas are located closer to the beach with a delightful little garden that leads to the beach. They have a small swimming pool (4m x 8m) a massage pavilion, steam-room a veranda with living and dining area, a sundeck with king-size sun lounger and outdoor jet pool.
Intendance Pool Villa - the hotel has 5 Intendance Pool Villas with breathtaking bird's eye views of the bay, a set of walkways and stairs connects the villa, living pavilion and pool with a separate sundeck and jet pool – set at different levels into the hill in between imposing granite rocks. The villa has a l pavilion with living and dining area, a plunge pool (2.6m x 6m), a sun lounger and jet pool.
Two Bedroom Double Pool Villa - the hotels have 6 Two-bedroom Double Pool Villas that are 826 sqm. Set in beautiful gardens the villas are located close to the beach ideal for families and friends who want secluded privacy. The villas have two private pools, two open air dining areas, a jet pool, two master bedrooms in separate villas, and a 24 hour in-villa host and chef services.
Presidential Villa - 1 Presidential Villa, 446 sqm of privacy and luxury with spacious living occuping its very own private cove by the water’s edge and has dining pavilions, bathroom with steam room/powder room, sunken tub with deluxe shower, large sun deck, outdoor shower, outdoor jet pool, luxurious bedroom with king-size bed, dressing area, pantry area, massage pavilion. The Presidential Villa can be combined with a nearby Hillside Villa to become a two bedroom double pool villa.
Banyan Tree Spa Seychelles
An infinity swimming pool
Mountain bike riding
Wi-fi in lobby and main hotel building
Games room with internet access
Spa pavilions with a wide range of beauty treatments, gallery, meditation/yoga classes, excursions
Banyan Tree Spa Seychelles invites spa fans to shed the cares of the world in one of its eight luxurious hillside pavilions nestled within the virgin jungle vegetation with ocean views. Indulge in an exotic menu of spa treatments under the skillful hands of the Banyan Tree Spa therapists. Banyan Tree Spa Seychelles is opened from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm daily.
Activities at the Banyan Tree:
experience the breathtaking bird’s eye view of Seychelles onboard a private chartered helicopter. Taking off from the hotel grounds, the helicopter ride will enable you to discover the beauty of the inner islands of Seychelles.
de up of small islands, the Seychelles is perfect island-hopping, many of which are untouched and possessing its unique charm. Some are rugged and mountainous, covered with dense natural forest ideal for trekking; others are perfect for couples to share an intimate picnic. There are islands that are bird sanctuaries, islands that have century-old giant tortoises roaming free and uninhabited islands that feel like a million miles from anywhere. Visit the islands either by air, cat-coco or private boat charter.
Sea Activities - Seychelles is one of the richest fishing grounds in the world and promises an exciting and rewarding experience for fishing enthusiasts. An abundance of pelagic fish including Sailfish, Marlin, Tuna, Jack, Wahoo, Giant Barracuda and Rainbow Runner scour offshore in and among shoals of baitfish. Boats are available for charter to explore the waters around Seychelles where fishing is allowed all year-round. If you prefer to explore the waters more intimately, scuba diving will allow you to explore the rich diversity of coral reefs and marine life unique to Seychelles.
Driving - explore the island at leisured by driving through the beautiful island of Mahe, the largest city in Seychelle. . A car is easily available for hire and there are a variety of vehicles available.
Banyan Lagoon - explore the island of the Seychelles on a 47-foot twin-hulled catamaran accommodate parties of four on overnight cruises, the catamaran is fully staffed by a personal host and skipper with all the amenities and luxuries.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Facilities can not be guaranteed to be open at all times from time to time facilities may close for various reason such as due to maintenance or low occupancy, without notice.
The Banyan Tree has 4 Restaurants and 1 Bar.
Au Jardin D' Epices
full buffet breakfasts are on offer in the mornings, a selection of snacks, sandwiches, salads and light meals for lunch, and international cuisine for dinner. Au Jardin d'Epices looks out onto the turquoise blue Indian Ocean and the idyllic surroundings of Anse Intendance - the perfect place for a relaxing meal.Breakfast: Daily 7:00am - 11:30am Lunch: Daily 12:30pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily 7:00pm - 10:00pm.
- this intimate lounge bar serves a good selection of light snacks, pizzas and light Thai specialties, as well as a wide range of refreshing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. It is an enchanting place for casual moments during the day or aperitifs and after dinner drinks in the evenings. Open daily: 10:00am - 11:00pm.
- authentic Thai and South East Asian cuisine are served at the Saffron unsing traditional recipes and cooking methods. The restaurant is elegant and has a authentic ambience with interior decorated from all over Southeast Asia. Open daily: 7:00pm - 10:00pm.
- serves authentic Creole cuisine with local ingredients. This is enhanced with its setting in the beautiful colonial style house, which oozes old world charm. Open daily: 7:00pm - 10:00pm – Closed on Sunday.
choice of thirst-quenching drinks, creative fruit cocktails and tasty snacks around our beautiful main pool. Open daily: 10:00am - 6:00pm.
- the Banyan Tree Seychelles offers a wide variety of tempting menu items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the times in between including special outdoor barbecues. Available 24 hours.
- dine under an atmospheric wooden pavilion draped with white awnings for a night to remember.
Champagne on the Rocks
- watch the sun set into the horizon as a private butler serves you in this natural enclave, ensuring a heightened dining experience to remember Embark on a short climb and sip champagne with your loved one amid breathtaking views on a cliff overlooking Banyan Tree Seychelles.
Grill on the Sands
- indulge in the Grill on the Sands dining experience enjoying delicious fresh ocean catches, African barbeque and Seychellois style tropical treats sand and listen to the soothing sounds of waves crashing against the shore.
- a picnic hamper is ideal for spending a day out to explore the Seychelles and embarking on a mini-adventure in search of the evocative coco-de-mer double nut, legendary palm trees, fantastically shaped granite boulders, unspoiled paradise beaches, French colonial era houses, spectacular rock slopes, elusive bird colonies or giant land tortoises Available upon request - 12 hours prior.
PLEASE NOTE: Private Dining options are available daily from 6pm onwards, weather permitting. As a great deal of preparation is required, we ask that you make your reservation 24 hours prior to dinner. Beverages are not included and need to be pre-ordered at least four hours prior to dinner.